Friday, August 7, 2009

Jewel ad 8/6-8/12

Ok So I had a decent run at Jewel this week until I screwed it up! -More on that later.....
All in all I got:
12 Breyers Ice Cream
10 Knorr Noodles
4 Fruit Snacks
3 Ragu
3 Chex Mix
4 Packs Bic pens
2 Boxes Pop Tarts
Totaling 38 Items Money Spent : $24.81 Cost per item bought $.65!!!!!!!

Ok - so now you want to know how I did it right! Well here goes.....

On the back of this weeks Jewel ad there are multiple items you can purchase to earn $15 off your next shopping order. You need to purchase $30 in items listed but what it doesn't tell you is that the computer recognizes the shelf price not the sale price....soooo you can actually spend less than $30 and receive $15 in coupons. With me so far?? This can be done multiple ways but here is what I did.

Transaction #1
6 Breyers Ice Cream
4 Bic pens
I used 3 $1/2 coupons for Breyers that I printed off the Internet
I used 2 $1/2 coupons for Bic pens from Coupons.com(this made them free)
Total spent $15.14 and I received $15 in coupons for my next order
Transaction #2
10 Knorr noodles
4 Fruit snacks
3 Ragu sauce
3 Chex mix
I used coupons for the noodles totaling $2.50
I used $1 coupon for Ragu
and I used .80 in coupons for fruit snacks
$15 dollars in coupons from previous order
Total Spent $7.73 but I earned $15 off my next order
Transaction #3
6 Breyers Ice cream
2 Pop tarts
I used $4/5 Breyers( I got this from my 1st order)
I used $1/2 Pop tarts from the paper
$15 in coupons from previous order
Total Spent $1.94

The last transaction is where I screwed up. You are only allowed to do 2 transaction per day per preferred card and I did not know that. Had I done the 3rd transaction today I would of gotten more coupons. But you live and learn and now I am more prepared for next time. I still feel I did great, where can you get Breyers for $.65??!!!

If you have any questions feel free to comment me and I will try to explain it better.
Happy Shopping!!

1 comment:

  1. You did GREAT !
    I wonder if each deal has a different # of times it will roll? www.mummydeal.org gives lots of Jewel deals and info, and if she said that a deal will only roll a certain # of times, I missed it.
    Earlier in the week I did the deal with the Johnson & Johnson products and it only worked once.
    Kind of makes me wonder if I need to borrow Grandma's preferred card! :>)

    ReplyDelete