Monday, September 14, 2009

My canning journey.


I have recently decided to try the art of canning and preserving fruits and vegetables. So far I feel I have done a decent job. I have done Strawberry Jam, Raspberry Jam, Salsa, Applesauce, and Cinnamon Applesauce.
I hope to do carrots this year and next year branch out to do more things. In time I hope It will help me save even more money. Well lets not talk about the applesauce! Story for another post.
Anyways the shelves you see with the fruits of my labor were created this weekend by my husband. I had extra closet space that I was going to buy shelves for and instead he offered to make them for me for half the cost!
I love them and I have just enough room to store all of my accessories as well as all of my filled jars!

No comments:

Post a Comment